Wednesday 28 October 2009

Muenster

After spending Friday night with Elly and Ariane, I had another long day on Saturday - a 70km ride over the border into Germany to Muenster. It was strange to think that such national borders had had such significance in the past; now I hardly even noticed it. Elly accompanied me over the border, and said she often goes shopping there.

We passed through a nature reserve which is being considered for Natura 2000 status, before I went on alone on the long road to Muenster. I arrived at the youth hostel where I had been intending to stay to find it full, but they directed me to a cheap hotel nearby, where I indulged myself by switching on the TV when I awoke early in the morning (I haven't owned a TV myself for several years). To my surprise I found myself watching a discussion on the Copenhagen climate talks I am aiming for - it just goes to show that the media are waking up to their importance, so maybe we might just get a good deal there - we have to keep putting on the pressure anyway.

No comments: