Thursday 12 November 2009

Schleswig


Fritz Lass, of the BUND Schleswig group, has made an excellent job of organising my activities there.
I start off by giving a talk to politics students at the local Danish-speaking school, then join in an information stall in the town centre, where I am interviewed by a journalist from the local paper, visit a museum in the afternoon, where I see a viking long boat (it's a pity my idea to travel to copenhagen in one didn't work out - that would have got lots of attention!), and give a talk about my journey to the BUND Schleswig group in the evening.
Before I leave I interview Fritz about the large area of solar panels on his roof - paid for by a cheap bank loan mandated by the German renewable energy law, which also forces the electricity company to buy electricity from him at a guaranteed price.